Monument to the Choleric Cemetery

The cemetery was established during the cholera epidemic that hit Prague in 1872–1873. It is located behind the embankments of railway tracks running between the Starzyńskiego roundabout and Odrowąża Street, at the level of the swimming pools at Namysłowska Street. The inscription under the cross: “Here are the remains of 478 victims of the cholera plague of 1872-1873, collected under a common grave after the destruction of the cholera cemetery during the construction of the railway junction in 1908” The cemetery was destroyed in connection with the construction of the railway bypass, and the remains were moved one hundred meters east to the symbolic grave. The grave was surrounded by a fence, which additionally protects it against devastation and prevents access by outsiders.

Skip to content