About the shrine
The statue of the Virgin Mary trampling a serpent stands on a bright green globe. There is an inscription on the pillar: “O MARIO! PRAY FOR US 1939-1944 ”. Courtyard Shrines is surrounded by bushes and fenced. The surrounding buildings were built in the mid-nineteenth century for Icchak Hersz Jahrman. On the ground floor of the building, in the outbuilding, Jahrman created a traditional Jewish house of prayer – the so-called “Beit Midrash”. The hall was completely destroyed during the occupation. With time, a carpentry workshop operating until 2000 appeared in its place. Tenement house entered in the register of historic monuments of the city.